10.04.2008

Knitting Too!

I love to stash yarn, knit, wear hand knits and read blogs about other people doing it too. The whole process! Finding a yarn or pattern, then searching for that just right pattern or yarn to compliment it... perusing pattern books and magazines or gaining inspiration on Ravelry. I get thrills from the anticipation of a new project to swatching, knitting, blocking and wearing it. My blogging enabler Dawn says I suffer from SABLE: Stash Amassed Beyond Life Expectancy.
Currently on the needles is the Scottish Isles Pullover from Tweed. I've dubbed it my "Urban Sweater" since I'm unrealistically planning to have it completed to wear during an Urban Tracking Test with Chase. If I'd spend less time blogging I might have a chance of getting it done!


The back panel is completed, the front panel was. I decided to change the neckline and frogged back. Simultaneously I'm knitting many Luxe Neck Warmers for Christmas giving.
My stash grew considerably after a fabulous day at the Knitters' Fair here in Kitchener. Dawn and I had the most wonderful time shopping our way through 2 ballrooms of vendors. My favourite purchase is a green Namaste bag. I'm told that means I'm now considered a "serious" knitter because I've got the right bag. We picked up my daughter Nicole for a lovely lunch, then headed off to my parents farm (in the rain!) to play with our 5 dogs. It was the perfect knitters day, thanx Dawn! We're off to Camilla Valley Farms in November for a Sock Class using the Magic Loop method. I adore my DPN's, but I did buy some spiffy Addi-Turbos at the Knitter's Fair....

1 comment:

Philigry said...

oh, this is beautiful! I love the red! Your dogs are beautiful! I will be back to visit you again soon!

Popular Posts