1. I hate to be late. I try to keep an organized schedule and always wear a watch. I'm also a list maker which helps prevent me from being late.
2. My family had German Shepherds while I was younger and Rottweilers when I was a teenager. I always wanted standard poodles but it wasn't until I was married that that finally happened. It's been 20 years with poodles now.
3. When I started knitting my dad offered to pay me to quit. He thought knitting was for old ladies with nothing better to do. I counter offered to use the money for wool to knit him a hat.
4. I'm influenced by colour. I'm especially fond of watery blues, grays, whites & creams, and shades of green. Colour affects my mood, my energy level and it inspires me to create, knit and sew. The older I get the clearer and lighter the colours I surround myself with are becoming. In the autumn I'm drawn to reds.
5. I have trouble maintaining my body temperature and dress in more layers than most people would ever consider putting on at the same time. Wool is a major part of my wardrobe along with jeans and boots. I rarely wear shorts, even when it's scorching hot outside. Mom says I've been chilled since I was a preemie.
6. I knit every day unless I'm sick and always have multiple projects on the needles.
7. I'm married to the love of my life and consider myself extremely fortune to be with such a wonderful man with 2 great kids.
8. I hate it if there's a mess or clutter on the kitchen counter or dirty dishes in the sink. I will stay up late to tidy that up or it bugs me so much I can't sleep thinking about it.
9. I used to be a runner. With a compromised right foot that's become long walks, hiking and yoga. I just ordered some Yoga DVDs for a new workout and am looking forward to them arriving in my mailbox. I'm working on being a runner again. I miss running on my treadmill ~ it's where I do my best problem solving and brain storming.
10. I suffer from SABLE. Stash Amassed Beyond Life Expectancy. I love fibre. There's a yarn stash as well as a fabric stash. I suspect my SABLE tendencies are a direct result of enjoying Ravelry and reading other people's blogs so much. I'm constantly tempted by people's amazing FO's and adding to my queue.
11. I love to see inside other people's homes. I'm intrigued by how they decorate, how they live and what things appeal to them. I especially enjoy seeing what they collect and getting copies of thier favourite recipes.
I'd love to learn something random about you!