8.07.2009

A peaceful Friday evening

Thank you everyone for the help with my spinning questions, especially Celeste! I've spent a lot of time visiting Ravelry spinning groups as recommended by Joansie and watching spinning clips on YouTube.


After work today Ryan and I went to Chapters where we picked up a novel for him and these goodies for moi. Why did I pick these in particular? Well, mostly because while there's a ton of spinning books online from Chapters and Amazon, this was the extent of spinning material in stock in the actual store. I'll be enjoying a peaceful Friday evening reading them.


These blooms have survived all the wind, thunderstorms and hail we've had of late, a lot of others have been shredded or crushed. I haven't watered the garden all summer and there's plenty more rain in the forecast.

Have a great weekend everyone.

11 comments:

Nicole said...

Beautiful blooms you have, might the colors be an inspiration in your spinning? Congrats on getting started in yet another wonderful craft, good luck and enjoy!

Journeying Five said...

your flowers are gorgeous! what kind are the white ones

Renee said...

Thanks! The white/palest of pink flowers are hollyhocks. My aunt gave me 3 of them a few years ago, divided from her garden. :)
Renee

The Wooly Wumpus said...

Good luck on your spinning adventure! I hear it's highly addictive! Maybe you can set up a wheel beside your desk at work?? I'm sure no one would notice...

peaknits said...

I really want to check Spunky's boo out - so be sure to give it a review:) Good luck with your spinning plans - for the record, I love my Lendrum:)

t does wool said...

I want to see what you will spin...I am sure it will be gorgeous....and those flowers!! have a great evening Renee...

zeliaevora said...

i'd love to know how to spin....

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Love your gorgeous flowers! I know how disappointing it is when a rainstorm damages plants. At least some survived!

I subscribed to Spin-off for a year. It was interesting to read the articles, but think the you-tube videos are amazing for teaching!

Philigry said...

oh, beautiful flowers!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

That does look like a very peaceful Friday night....

Anonymous said...

Oh, spinning! how exciting.

You have such wonderful summer blooms!

Popular Posts