12.01.2008

Christmas Meme

I saw this at Andrea's blog "At Home Mommy Knits" and it's lots of fun. Join in if you want as well!

1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags? Both, wrapped gifts with ribbons for home and family and bags with tissue as hostess gifts when we go to dinners and parties.

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. Last the whole season without being a fire hazzard and I no longer feel guilty about killing a tree from my parents evergreen bush every year. We cut a few branches to bring in that smell lovely.

3. When do you put up the tree? On the 1st Advent ~ 4 Sundays before Christmas.

4. When do you take down the tree? January 2nd.

5. Do you like Egg Nog? I don't like it at all, my husband wants a carton as soon as it show up on grocery shelves and then he's satisfied and doesn't need any more.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Books and clothes. No one gift in particular.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, it's ceramic figurines that go on the dining room china cabinet.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My parents.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My kids and knitting friends.

10. Mail or email Christmas Cards? A phone call or visit.

11. Favorite Christmas Movie? Newer Christmas movie is The Holiday. Every Christmas Eve I watch the original White Christmas.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies!!

13. Clear lights or coloured? Clear mini lights. The old ones, not the blue hued led.

14. Favorite Christmas Song? Tie between White Christmas and It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year. I've never been able to decide.

15. Travel or stay home at Christmas? Stay home. But we have to travel too. We try to hold a balance and get to relax some too.

16.Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph with his shiny nose and "Olive" ~ the other reindeer. No idea why everyone always forgets her??

17. Angel or Star on the top of the tree? Angel on one, stars on the rest.

18. Open presents Christmas Eve or Morning? We're German, definitely Christmas Eve!

19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People who are Grinch's.

20. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees? I love them all! I really enjoy seeing people express their personalities decorating their trees.

21. Gingerbread or Sugar Cookies? Martha Stewart's Gingerbread cookies. Exactly as written in her recipe except we eliminate the black pepper.

That was fun! I'd love to read everyone else's Christmas Meme. Consider yourself tagged!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think all my responses are the same as yours. Figures. Can I just copy your post onto my blog??

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

That was fun to read your responses! This is just such a fun time of year ~ my parents are like you and take the tree down the day after New Years except they always have a live tree and don't put it up until about 10 days before Christmas. Since I still go home to my parent's house at Christmas I really haven't developed much of my own traditions.

t does wool said...

I liked this...I like gingerbread,too!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Thanks for playing that was so fun to read! I love hearing about everyone's traditions and the things they like/don't like.

Philigry said...

fun to read these. no egg nog for you! i used to hate it, but now i love it! so does my son.

Annie said...

I'm with you on the eggnog - blech!
I enjoyed your responses.

Popular Posts