7.15.2009

What's new with you?

It's been far too long since I've blogged. Mojo is thankfully back. What's new? Way too much to put into one post so I'll hit a few bits per post. Here's a few highlights:


Dawn N. and I pieced this quilt top for our dear friend Vivienne for her incredible Muskoka log home cottage we get to visit and enjoy annually. We'll machine quilt it asap.


This suv replaces Don's stolen truck and tools. Only 3 years old and a well maintained lease return. Big enough for all of us, the dogs, stuff and gutsy enough to do some serious towing. Yup, the prerequisite 4-wheel package to deal with Canadian winters. It's not the work horse truck he needs, but more of a multi-purpose family vehicle.


There's been knitting, quite a bit actually. This beauty is an even nicer Crest of the Wave scarf than the first also knit with divine Plucky Knitter fingering from the oh so talented Sarah. I enjoyed knitting this pattern so much that I have to say there will be more, several more. Definitely even one for myself. :) This one is going off in the mail tomorrow. Someone, watch your mailbox, not sayin' who....


And last for today is this puppy. Potentially ours? Remains to be seen. Nicole and I will be taking a trip to Quebec next week to meet and evaluate a litter of Standard Poodle puppies and if there's a girl in there that suits us she'll be travelling home with us. Fingers and paws are crossed there's hopefully a new baby girl here at Chez Koch. This pic is of the most promising prospect in my opinion from what I know about these puppies and here she's still only 5.5 weeks old. Wish us luck! We're leaving next week Thursday and returning home with or sans a puppy on Friday.

Hope everyone is well and you're all enjoying July!

11 comments:

Celestial said...

Glad to hear things are picking up up there. Scarf looks super cute! And so does the puppy.

I really need to get back into sewing...

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Welcome back! I have missed your posts and am happy to see your mojo has returned :)

The quilt is stunning ~ perfect addition to the cabin getaway! Steve keeps encouraging me to quilt, but his taste run to the more modern designs. We'll see.

Your knitting as always is just beautiful, the color of that yarn is so rich and appealing!

Keeping my fingers crossed that you are happy with the pups and find one that you can welcome into your home.

The Litter Box House said...

Is that duct tape on his tail?

Selkie on Ravelry

Renee said...

Hi Selkie,
No ~ definitely not duct tape. Poodle hair grows the same everywhere and their faces, feet and base of their tales are shaved. This puppy just had her first shave. :)
Renee

The Wooly Wumpus said...

That quilt top looks gorgeous! Hee hee. What a surprise to see a post from you. Yay!! Look forward to more!

peaknits said...

I am so glad to hear that the mojo has returned:) that quilt is gorgeous and that scarf - omg. Love it! I say "yes" to the puppy - you have my permission to adopt:)

t does wool said...

so glad to see you back Renee...and you have been busy,I see...everything is lovely...

Journeying Five said...

so glad to see you back! you sound like things have been keeping you busy, best of luck on the puppy!

Amanda Jean said...

it's nice to catch up with you again. the quilt and scarf will make beautiful gifts!

raining sheep said...

Lots of great news. Awesome vehicle,...and I totally understand about Canadian winters. Smart cars did not do well in Calgary this past winter!! Beautiful quilt; quilting just takes so much patience. But oh boy, best of luck with puppy. I am crossing my fingers that all personalities meld. Hugs.

lucy said...

how nice to hear things are going well for you all around. I hope you have a lovely summer and good luck with the canine friend!

Popular Posts